Balance Boldly for Ambitious Women in Business
Foraying into Intentionality, Life Pivots, and Work-Life Balance
In this episode of the Balance Boldly Podcast with Naketa Ren Thigpen, we meet Brandi Bernoskie, a blogger and the founder of Alchemy+Aim. She opens up about new ventures, growing a business organically and the importance of intentionality.
What I have noticed is that there is sometimes, this lie that we tell ourselves that our meaning, like our meaning as individuals comes from doing, and that is not the truth. So, you can get absolutely lost in that space if you keep buying into that and think that your meeting your value, your worth is in the doing, is in the achievement, and in all of those details, the awards and accolades and milestones and goals you’ve reached. But we are so much more than that. – Brandi Bernoskie.
What you will learn
· How Brandi turned to the path of blogging and consolidated herself professionally
· What is intentionality + The importance of work-life balance and intentionality.
· Taking care of yourself and why it matters more than anything else
· How she creates a buffer period after an intense work period.
· How life’s meaning does not always come from action, awards, and milestones.
· The way we often do things to project a favorable appearance.
· Not everything needs to be captured by our phone for it to be captured in our heart.
· Why she took the bold decision to eventually move away from blogging.
· The concept of “pivoting.”
· How it doesn’t hurt to be Jack of all trades if it gets you closer to your purpose.
· The Sunday ritual that helps Brandi to be more intentional.