A Wish List
I turn 33 in 3 days. I love the time around my birthday, not because it’s the holiday season, but rather because my birthday has always been a reflection point for me, a time to dream, make wishes, and plan.
For the last three years, I’ve been making lists, strange lists of what I wanted in my new year. I ask for odd things like an accent or to hear bells or take a stroll in the woods. Almost every wish is granted, not always the way I expect it to be, but always in a more beautiful way than I could have dreamed.
So I’ve started to make a new list for this year. Here are its beginnings:
- a garden and grove of fruit trees
- words that haven’t been spoken yet
- a spot to write
- a picnic at an abandoned homestead
- a field of wheat at sunset
- an opening to something unbelievable
- a home that wraps itself in the sounds of nature at night
- a star
- certainty with a splash of confidence and a dollop of generosity
- lightness of spirit
There’s more to come. And what a good year it will be…